Bedford Community Christmas Station is asking for your help in collecting the items that will be needed to serve more than 300 low-income families this Christmas. It is our hope that you will consider collecting some items from the following list. These items will be displayed on shelves at the Christmas Station building, which is located at 206 Washington Street in Bedford. On December 6, 7, and 8, 2007, low-income families will have the opportunity to select toys, clothing, teen gift items, household items, and food for their family members.
We have listed some of the items that are needed. If you would like to donate any of these items, please call Karen Hughes @ 540 587-8990, extension 101 to arrange for a time to bring the items to the Christmas Station building. We ask that all donated merchandise be new, with the exception of gently-used coats.
Thank you for your help!
- Peanut Butter/Jelly
- Canned Soups and fruits
- Rice/Pasta/Spaghetti Sauce
- Sets of dishes (service for 4)
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towels/Tissues/Napkins
- Board games
- Laundry Detergent/Dish Detergent
- Child’s socks/underwear (single pair in store pkg)
- Diapers/Wet Wipes
- Child’s Pajamas size infants through child’s 16
- Child’s Mittens/Gloves/Hats
- Footballs, soccer balls, basketballs
- Child’s Coats
- Gently used coats
- 35mm cameras
- Lego or Duplo building sets
- Children’s or teen’s books
- CD “walkman” with headphones
Domestic Violence Shelter
The Domestic Violence Shelter for Women and Children has a list of needed items on their website located here.
For more information on donating items or working as a volunteer, please call (540) 587-0995.
The Bedford County Animal Shelter is always grateful for donations of the following items:
- Cat Litter
- Dry Puppy and Kitten Food
- Dry Dog and Cat Food
- Dog and Cat Treats
- Animal Toys
- Laundry Detergent (preferably with no fragrance)
- Paper Towels
- Bath Tissue
- Hand Soap
- 42 and 45 Gallon Trash Bags
For more information, Shelter staff can be reached at (540) 586-7690, 1307 Falling Creek Road in Bedford. The County Animal Shelter’s web page can be viewed here.