The Planning Commission is comprised of seven residents, with one appointed from each of the seven election districts within the County. The duties and functions of the Bedford County Planning Commission are to promote the orderly development of the County and its environs. The Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors. The duties of the Planning Commission are prescribed under Section 15.2-2210 of the Code of Virginia.
This Commission’s duties include monitoring and protecting public health, safety, convenience and welfare of County citizens. The Planning Commission is responsible for recommending the Comprehensive Plan to the Board of Supervisors. The Comprehensive Plan is the written vision adopted by the governing body. The Planning Commission maintains and recommends changes to the Comprehensive Plan, Future Land Use Map, Subdivision Ordinance and the Zoning Ordinance.
Regular Meetings are held 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in the Supervisors Meeting Room of the County Administration Building, 122 East Main Street, Bedford.
- April 18, 2017 Agenda
- April 18, 2017 Meeting Packet
- March 21, 2017 Agenda
- March 21, 2017 Meeting Packet
- February 21, 2017 Meeting Packet
- February 07, 2017 Meeting Packet
- January 17, 2017 Meeting Packet
- Meeting Minutes: December 06, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: November 15, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: October 18, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: September 20, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: August 16, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: July 19, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: June 07, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: May 03, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: April 19, 2016
- Meeting Minutes: March 15, 2016