Bedford County, Virginia is truly unique: rich in history, tradition and unparalleled scenic beauty. It is also home to a special kind of people: hard-working, friendly, loyal people... downright decent folks... people as distinctive as the County they call home.
The Bedford County sheriff's Office deputies and employees stand firm in our respect for the tradition of the Office, which began on June 12, 1754. We remain steadfast in our commitment to excellence for today... and preparedness for tomorrow. Upholding, enforcing, protecting, serving, educating...we are striving around the clock. We are the Bedford County Sheriff's Office.
Mike Brown is the Sheriff of Bedford County
Visit Sheriff Department
The employees of the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office are committed to accomplishing this mission through attainment of the following goals:
1. To protect and serve by…
- preserving individual rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
- effectively enforcing state and local laws and ordinances.
- aggressively investigating criminal offenses.
- the timely apprehension of persons suspected of committing criminal acts.
- the creative application of modern principles and techniques of public service.
- cooperating with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- developing, perpetuating, and constantly evaluating the programs and procedures designed to prevent and control juvenile delinquency, substance abuse, and illegal distribution of drugs, as well as the suppression of organized crime and vice.
- efficiently managing departmental resources for optimal service delivery to all citizens.
- providing impartial, competent and courteous service to the public, without regard to race, creed or gender.
Crime is of great concern to all citizens of Bedford County. By use of crime statistics, this agency can make an informed decision concerning the most efficient and effective manner in which to dedicate their limited resources toward the reduction of crime in our communities..
Bedford County Sheriff’s Office became the 25th sheriff’s office and only the 51st law enforcement agency to meet or exceed a rigorous set of standards set forth by the Commonwealth of Virginia & earn accreditation from the Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission, or VLEPSC.
News & information