You may download the application form in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Print out the completed form and send it to us at the address below. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the file. Click HERE to download Acrobat Reader. It's free.
All paper applications can be mailed to:
Attn: Department of Human Resources
122 East Main Street
Bedford, VA 24523
For jobs with the Department of Social Services, you must use a state application form.
Internal Job applicants must use the Employee Transfers Policy.
Or you can call 586-7601 to ask for a form to be mailed to you. You can also pick up the form in person at the Bedford County Administration Building, 2nd Floor, 122 East Main Street, Bedford.
Quality Improvement/Continuing Education Nurse (LPN or RN)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Competitive Pay, based on experience
- Posted Date:05/20/2019
Department: Bedford County Nursing Home
Location: 1229 County Farm Road, Bedford, VA 24523
Hours: Variable – Flexibility to accommodate three shifts, seven days a week
Here is your chance to experience “Central Virginia’s Best Kept Secret in Senior Living.” The Bedford County Nursing Home has a long, rich history dating back to 1831. We are proud to continue a long-standing tradition of supporting people to live their best lives.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years recent Long-Term Care setting experience
- Minimum of 1 year of Quality Improvement experience
- Minimum of 1 year of recent Regulations experience
- Strong background in infection control, wounds, quality assurance, and staff clinical development
- Willingness to rotate call
- Plans and directs a comprehensive program of quality improvement and infection control and prevention. Infection Preventionist or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a community-wide education and training program as related to state and federal regulations.
- Reviews clinical records, performs audits, and prepares reports.
- Teaches new staff orientation for certified nursing assistants and nurses.
- Maintains employee health records and monitors employee illness in order to determine appropriate interventions.
- Offers employee vaccinations and coordinates services and record keeping.
- Ensures efficient and optimal operation of the clinical staff in the Director of Nursing's absence.
Work will be performed under supervision of the Director of Nursing.
This position offers competitive salary based on experience.
On-call rotation required.
We are conveniently located off Route 460 between Lynchburg and Roanoke. Bedford County offers a generous benefit package including Virginia Retirement System, medical, dental, vision, life, and much more.
We are hiring exceptional people. We’d love to meet you!
Apply on Indeed or in person at 1229 County Farm Road, Bedford, VA 24523.
Job Type: Full-time
Bedford County maintains a safe, drug-free workplace for its employees. Drug screening, driving record check, a criminal background check, and previous employer references are required for all positions as conditions of pre-employment.
EOE / ADA / Minorities / Females / Vets