The Planning Commission is comprised of seven residents, with one appointed from each of the seven election districts within the County. The duties and functions of the Bedford County Planning Commission are to promote the orderly development of the County and its environs. The Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors. The duties of the Planning Commission are prescribed under Section 15.2-2210 of the Code of Virginia.
This Commission’s duties include monitoring and protecting public health, safety, convenience and welfare of County citizens. The Planning Commission is responsible for recommending the Comprehensive Plan to the Board of Supervisors. The Comprehensive Plan is the written vision adopted by the governing body. The Planning Commission maintains and recommends changes to the Comprehensive Plan, Future Land Use Map, Subdivision Ordinance and the Zoning Ordinance.
2019 Meeting Minutes, Packets & Agendas
- April 16, 2019 Agenda
- April 16, 2019 Meeting Packet
- January 15, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- 2019-2020 Planning Commission Meeting Schedule Inclement Weather Resolution
- Annual Report January 01, 2018 - December 31, 2018
- March 19, 2019 Meeting Packet
- March 19, 2019 Agenda
- February 19, 2019 Meeting Packet
- February 19, 2019 Agenda
- January 15, 2019 Agenda
- January 15, 2019 Meeting Packet